Monday, October 31, 2011

Eye Lash Falling in The Eyes of Contact Lens Wearers

One of the most irritating things in the world for someone who wears contact lenses is when they have an eyelash that falls in their eye. It's a horrible feeling, and often requires you to remove the contact lenses in order to get the eyelash out. If you are the type that does not really like to share that you wear color contact lenses, that can be a huge problem.

Of course it is impossible to completely make sure no eye lash at all will ever fall in your eye while you wear your contacts, but I have mastered a trick that has really decreased the amount of times I am faced with this issue.

In the morning, prior to getting my contacts in, I close my eyes, one at a time so that the other eye is open and able to see, and gently rub and pull my eye lashes so that loose ones will come off prior to me putting my contact lenses in. You would be surprised how many eye lashes often fall out. If you do that you will most likely not have the issue of an eye lash falling in your eye during the day.

However, just in case that does happen, I recommend the following:

1) Always carry a mirror with you so you can see the problem and be able to address it anywhere,
2) Always carry contact lens solution with you to re-wet the lenses if you must remove them from your eye,
3) always carry hand sanitizer to sanitize your hands prior to handling the contacts
4) always carry a contact lens case in case your eye becomes irritated and you cannot wear your contact again for the rest of the day.

1 comment: